Friday, September 16, 2011

Hooked



After years of Canadian viewers grumbling that their episodes of Coronation Street ran eight months or so behind the UK episodes, CBC has started doubling up episodes so we can catch up. That's a full hour of Coronation Street, every day, Monday to Friday. And last night we had the 50th anniversary episode, with the terrible explosion and tram crash.

It was so well done, very moving and gripping. I had tears in my eyes.

I have come to Corrie late, but I think I'm permanently hooked!

4 comments:

will said...

I know nothing of Coronation Street so I looked it up in Wiki and Netflix... it began in 1960, there are 7691 episodes (with a number of spinoffs and direct to video films) and it is referred as a soap.

The principle sponsors have been Cadbury chocolate and Harveys (whatever that is).

In 1960, critics said the show would last no longer than three weeks.

Anonymous said...

Most people in Manchester had tears of laughter in their eyes watching this ... the word verification is "prods" ...

Zuzana said...

I am not familiar with this series, but I sure now how it feels to be hooked.;) I think last time I was seriously hooked on something was in the 90s and it was Northern Exposure.;))
xoxo

G said...

It's been an exciting week, with the losses of some popular characters. Sigh...