Thursday, November 12, 2009

Bloody Poms

I've been lethargic of late and am fighting off cold and flu germs all around me. (Knock on wood, still healthy, still taking the vile oil of oregano). But now I'm managing to get real boosts of energy from those ruddy and tantalizing pomegranates that are currently at our disposal. Every other day I buy two. I seed them. One lot gets frozen for future breakfast use, the other gets eaten. I can't get enough!

I take a few ruby red seeds each day and plop them in my pitcher of filtered water along with some thin lemon slices. If, like me, you want to up your water consumption, this is a (mildly) tasty way to do it.



The breakfast I have each morning: raspberries, banana, pomegranate seeds with ground flax seed, raw almonds, raw pumpkin seeds and balkan-style yoghurt. No sweetening needed. Feels like dessert, but is so healthy!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so right about natural foods and water consumption. Too much processed food, including refined sugar, and non-water beverages are being used every day.
Did you know that water will lubricate your joints and reduce pain?

A balanced diet is essential to good health a nd energy. Fast food is not good for you, so it should be kept to a minimum.

A person requires plenty of fresh air as well.Getting out and enjoying nature is also very helpful in so many ways.

will said...

Sometimes I eat a granola bar with a cup of plain tea or a Coke. I used to eat peanut butter sandwiches for breakfast but that took too long to make. I did cereal for a while, dry without milk but cereal is too expensive for what it is.

Generally, I just get by, wait for lunch (dinner leftovers) and then the best, dinner with my wife. Anything is Ok.

Zuzana said...

My mouth actually watered reading this post and seeing the pictures. It is almost evening here, but your breakfast - that I could eat at any time of the day. You are right, it looks like a desert.;) Beats the thin toast and dark coffee I throw down in a hurry each morning.;)
xo

Hilary said...

Oh yum.. that looks delicious!

Audubon Ron said...

Nice looking dish but will have to take you word on it for the taste. Breakfast for me is a pot of french roast coffee.