Saturday, November 14, 2009

The Fabric has Landed



It's a glorious sunny weekend here in Toronto, but I am about to hurl myself into the Big Slipcover Challenge. What I'd really like to be doing is walking a trail, hugging a few trees and hiding behind a few to watch some birds.

But I've thought about this too long and I have a Christmas deadline. Yards of sage-green ultra suede are covering my dining room table. The piping rope isn't strong enough to hang myself with, so all is good.

I'll be posting updates.

7 comments:

will said...

I'm considering getting a sailboat ... do you do sails? ;>)

Berowne said...

You're faced with the Big Slipcover Challenge; I just bought a new recliner on the internet.

Two huge -- I am talking large -- boxes arrived. I hadn't read the small print: there is "assembly required."

The instructions show how simple this is going to be -- no harder than putting together a new Ford Mustang in your living room.

Looks like I'll be sitting on straight-back chairs for a bit longer. :-)

Tess Kincaid said...

Fabulous color. Can't wait to see the finished product!!

Zuzana said...

A very good luck to you with your project; I love the mild, creamy seafoam green colour.
xo

Hilary said...

Nice colour.. do you do window(treatment)s? ;)

Betsy Brock said...

What a fun project! Love the fabric!

G said...

Bill: I don't, but I am available for boat christenings.

Berowne: You have GOT to be kidding! I can do IKEA shelves, but a RECLINER? Argh! I hope you'll keep us posted.

Willow and Protege: Yes, it's a sort of seafoam / sage. One of my favourites. Any shade of green is good for me.

Hilary: my little Singer machine has made a gazzilion curtains, but they're easier, somewhat two-dimensional.

Betsy: It's not been as much fun as I'd hoped, but I'm glad it's practically done. :)

Thanks for the good vibes everyone!