Sunday, November 22, 2009

Sofa and Scones

Well, at last here's a picture of the finished sofa. I spent the week looking for cushions and ended up back at the fabric store on Friday night, determined not to wait another day for cushions! And so I attended the theatre that same night, the opening of A Midsummer Night's Dream at Hart House Theatre, weighed down in a most unseemly fashion with bags of goose-feather cushion bases and lovely fabric. Saturday morning I was up early to stitch them up. Today the parentals came for tea and we christened the sofa with scone crumbs and a really good catch up.

As for the theatre, I am so behind in my blogging! More on that in a post to come.




The cushions tie in well with the newish wing chair.

7 comments:

Betsy Brock said...

That looks fabulous! I love the color.

Would you share your scone recipe sometime? Mmmmm.

Audubon Ron said...

Looks very warm.

Zuzana said...

It looks great, absolutely love the colour! Perfect with red cushions.) Very elegant, so happy to hear you had a good time with your family as well, I wish mine was closer...
xoxo

Hilary said...

Lots of talent there. Looks great.

Tess Kincaid said...

((((WOW)))) Well done, BPG!!!

MidLifeMama said...

Looks fabulous. Do you make your own scones? I love scones but have yet to try my hand at making my own.

G said...

Thank you all. And when I get home tonight I'll post the scone recipe. Easy and delicious.