Thursday, November 5, 2009

Be Warm Tonight



It's a toe-warming coincidence that the first ice pellets of the season fell out of the sky the same day that I planned to cook the first lamb shanks of the season. The picture above was taken from my roof as I returned home from work. Until I live in the country in my little house of dreams, I'll take a twinkly city skyline and be grateful for it.
The DVD fireplace is on, the shanks are simmering in red wine, rosemary, garlic, and onions. The pressed balsam incense is burning. The candles are lit, and all is good. I hope all my lovely friends in the Blog world are as content and lucky this evening!

5 comments:

Ann Marie said...

i am content now...thanks for this lovely little post!

Betsy Brock said...

That view is absolutely stunning! I love a city skyline! I can almost smell those wonderful, cozy aromas of your place! ;)

Audubon Ron said...

I need to give you a brussel sprout hash recipe to go with the lamb. Italian potatoes is good too.

Zuzana said...

I can almost feel like being there; you described an absolutely perfect and precious moment in time...
I loved this post!
And the picture of the sky line is priceless, absolutely stunning.
xoxo

G said...

Thank you all for your visits and lovely comments. Looking forward to the recipe Ron, and thanks for your first visit to my blog. :)