Saturday, August 11, 2007

A New, like, Post

So... we've all got used to the young 'uns and not so young 'uns saying "like" a lot. I have found myself doing it to.

So imagine my surprise to find that those of my generation (i.e. in our prrrrime) are now using "like" in WRITTEN CORRESPONDENCE.

From an e-mail sent to me by an extremely erudite and dear friend:

"It cost, like, $3."

This actually made me laugh out loud. But nothing is more grotesque than when I use it inadvertently, with an English accent no less! UGH! I'm trying to curb this habit.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Relax...there is ALOT that is more grotesque than an english accent saying "Like".

Such as ketchup on eggs and full grown dogs no bigger than a thimble.

How about the ubiquitous "you knows"......and I admit I am guilty of over-use of that one.