Sunday, August 5, 2007

HP7... Getting so Exciting I can Hardly Stand it

Countdown sequence to completion of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows continues ... countdown sequence: 200 pages and counting.

J.K. Rowling is a goddess! I can't understand where she comes up with all this stuff - the names, the detail, the heart-pounding excitment. When this movie is made, it will be roller-coaster of a ride. I'm not the world's biggest wuss, but really, sometimes I have to wonder. When I read Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban I got so frightened by the Dementors that I got quite nervous reading it alone at night. It's amazing how these books pull me in. This afternoon in broad daylight, I retreated to my bedroom to read, shut the door, and curled up on the bed (no feet hanging off the end, goodness knows what's circling underneath) and still felt nervous. It's like being a kid again, and I suppose that's part of her brilliance and why as many adults as kids read these books.

And I take back my quibble about the Death Eaters as I'd clean forgotten that Ron is supposedly still with his family, except for right about now when they know he isn't. I won't say any more, being sensitive to spoilers.

J.K.: I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy!

No comments: