Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Fare Game Deserves a Fair Chance

Blog favourite Jam Café has closed down.

*long, shuddering sigh*

In its place is Fare Game, in which they serve, as you might have guessed, game meats. There are other items that are surprising on the menu, like pad thai, and I can only assume they're there so that patrons that are squeamish about game can attend with their game-loving pals.

I love game.

My friend and I had the grilled calamari to start. Nom nom. I had the venison ossobucco after, and was given a massive serving. But... as you can see, I managed just fine. Those bones were sucked CLEAN. It was ravishing, richly flavoured and tender as can be. Dessert was a delicately mint-flavoured crème brûlée.

The location has always been tricky. I found their website temperamental. But the food is delicious and the service is very friendly. I hope you'll give it a go! I'll be back for certain.


No comments: