Sunday, June 2, 2013

Two Lovely Women, Two Lovely Outings, Both Kind of Wrapped in Dim Sum... Attaching my Drool Cup as I Type

I went with a friend to the graduate show at the Ontario College of Art and Design... plus shopping for watercolour supplies at Above Ground Art Supplies which is right next door. Is there anything more alluring than the promise inside an art supply store? Well, I can think of a few things, if pushed, but I was in temptation heaven, and got all I need from that lovely, creaky old building. After, we retired to Sky Dragon in Chinatown, where it was too late to witness the little carts of dim sum being trolleyed around, but we still had a blow-out feast. I particularly enjoyed the steamed pea shoots. Gorrrr!

A week later my mother and I had a fantastic day together (ok, it was officially a Mother's Day celebration but we don't need to be told when to celebrate, but I don't mind another excuse). We visited a favourite museums, the Gardiner, and then saw Kon Tiki, a movie I'll blether on about in another post. Before the movie, we went to Lee Chen, which we had discovered together this past winter. It's on the west side of Yonge, just north of Bloor. The broth was as fresh and delicious as before, but this time we discovered the "bao," a Chinese sandwich you can build yourself, on a very soft, steamed bun. We had the pork option, deciding that for our next visit we'll try some of the others... a sort of bao taste test. Okay, my mouth is really watering. Let's just look at some pictures while I blot my chin. (Heh, heh, just kidding... sort of).


No comments: