Tuesday, April 3, 2007

Finally a Fiction Post! And the Fun Question of the Day

I finally finished The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett. I don't think I've ever read anything so slowly. So last night I picked up A Midsummer Night's Dream, and I'm still on the introduction, but it's pretty dense. I'm re-reading it as I'm writing something of my own and it's inspired by this play. In fact, the introduction has given me some fresh insights already that I intend to incorporate into my own story.

We played a game at a party a few years ago: if you could meet anyone in history or fiction to sit down and have dinner with - who would it be? For me it's still Shakespeare. Although Jesus would be nice too. Maybe we should expand the dinner party to four people: you and three others. Okay, so here's the question of the day: Who would be at your dinner for four (you are one of them) and then... if you could only have one guest, who would it be?

No comments: