Wednesday, April 11, 2007

My New Love

Well, I never thought I would say it about a dessert, not having the sweetest tooth in the world, but I have fallen entirely in love with this: Nigella Lawson's Chocolate Cherry Trifle. It's like Black Forest cake in trifle form but ten times better. I made it for Easter and I was a bit nervous, not liking to serve something I'd never made before and I'd never made a chocolate custard. Well... I'm not going to go on. All I can say is, when next you visit my home for dinner, you will most likely be having this for dessert. So get used to the idea my loved ones! Mwah-ha-ha-ha-haaaaaaaa. As you can see by the picture, I really do need a proper pedestal glass trifle bowl, like wot Nigella had in the tv show. My glass bowl is a bit sad looking and doesn't show the layers to their full potential.

Oh, okay, I'll go on about it a bit more, by absolutely no popular demand whatsoever.

It is basically this: very rich chocolate sponge sandwiched with black cherry jam, topped with drained sour cherries, doused in cherry brandy, topped with chocolate custard (8 eggs, dark choc, cocoa and sugar), and then lashings of fresh whipped cream and dark chocolate shavings.

This is what they'll serve in heaven three times a day.

No comments: