Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Happy Tobacco

I'm sitting here innocently typing away and - sniff! sniff! - I can smell pot. Well... it's not the first time, but they must be very near by. See, this is where I sit and type, so the window is right next to me. My neighbours just have to have a breeze waft by and I get to share in their happy tobacco. I have to say, the cooking smells here are excellent. Someone on this floor does roast lamb at least once a week and I distinctly detected mint sauce one day. Other lovely aromas too. I'd rather have the lamb than the pot. Hmmm, reminds me, I have a leg in the freezer.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darling,

A leg in the freezer? That's hardly all. How about an eye on the ball, a finger in the pie, a toe in the water, an elbow in the ribs, a foot on the ground, but never, ever --- a nose to the grindstone!!

Anonymous said...

The only tobacco that I have ever been able to tolerate is the wonderful rich vanilla fragrance that some pipes give off.

Mmmmmmmmmmm......

Anonymous said...

Now now, no complaints about the neighbors, as long as they are not named "Lecter" and the aroma of fava beans and chianti wafts from their apartment...

Anonymous said...

You should get your leg out soon before frost bite sets in...:-)

Anonymous said...

The leg was removed from the freezer Monday night, cooked tonight and it was yummy! Had parmigiano mashed potatoes with it, broccoli and carrots. I love lamb. I LOVE LAMB!

My appetite has not been all it might be this week, but tonight it did me proud, hee hee.

Just thought you should know the final fate of that lovely leg.