Wednesday, August 27, 2008

A Return Visit to St. James Cathedral Gardens

Up for another walk?

In this height of summer, on this lovely cool evening, I enjoyed the gardens of St. James Cathedral.



The fountain in the foreground and the gazebo in the background are now surrounded by beautiful beds of flowers. It is a joy to see the trees so lush and green after the last two, rainy months.



The stone cherub is now surrounded by a scented herb garden for the pleasure of those of us who are blind or otherwise vision-impaired. The scent is magical.



I wanted to jump in! Lucky I didn't. Poor wee flowers.



Yum yum.



Yellow and mauve... a classic colour combination.



Purple, green and white combine to make my favourite colour combination.



Mmmm mmm.



The spire above the trees.



A bit closer and you can see that the clock hands have been removed for repairs I am assuming.



Okay! Now let's repair to my local for a Guinness.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, that was another delightful walk, BPG! Terrific pix!! :)

Anonymous said...

Very nice. That garden was really "clicking!" :)

Anonymous said...

This is breathtaking! And, order a pint for me:-).....

Anonymous said...

This is breathtaking! And, order a pint for me:-).....

Anonymous said...

How could you resist picking a few herbs? Is that mint and basil I see?

I planted the same plant in my garden, as in your sixth picture down. Exciting to watch it develop.

Lovely pics!

Anonymous said...

Wow...a beautiful walk for a summer evening! Purple, white and green...wonderful!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the enthusiastic comments everyone!

LL: I didn't pick any herbs as it's a public garden... sigh. Lucky you to have a garden - what a lovely plant to have in it - looking forward to pics!

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.