Sunday, February 1, 2009

Ha Ha! Take THAT Acute viral rhinopharyngitis!!!

Not wanting a repetition of last year's The Worst Cold I've Ever Had, when the symptoms descended on me Friday night, I took action. Yesterday was hell. Today, I'm 95% better! And so, for your queasy reading pleasure, I present to you:


Top Ten Things I Did to Show That Cold Who's Boss

10. Inhaled a Vicks steam bath.
9. Quadrupled my daily doseage of vitamin C.
8. Continued taking my usual daily supplements.
7. Used a netipot to give my sinuses a saline rinse... a pretty glamorous process!
6. Cooked and consumed organic chicken soup.
5. Practiced yogic breathing.
4. Slept and slept till I thought I would go mad with sleep boredom, then forced myself to sleep some more.
3. Took aspirin.
2. On several occasions I placed two droplets of oil of oregano at the back of my tongue swiftly washed down with water to minimize gagging potential. Damn, that's foul stuff. This is the first time I've tried it, on the recommendation of three friends. Readers, it helped!
and...
1. Took several nips of scotch. Ahhhhhh.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh it was the nips.. it had to be. I'd like it to be, anyway. ;) Glad you're feeling better.

Anonymous said...

I think I will bookmark this post, as I am always a victim of the worst colds ever.;))
I am a particular fan of your nr. 10.;))

I gave you an award at my place, hope you will accept it.;))

Anonymous said...

You, too?! Hope you're feeling better soon. You're certainly doing all the right things, and then some! :)

Anonymous said...

So glad you are better! And an interesting list of remedies...some sounding more fun than others! LOL

Anonymous said...

Regarding # 4: Sick or no, I NEVER have to force myself to sleep. I'd take long naps every day if I could. Maybe I should get out more...

Anonymous said...

Tell me more about the netipot, I've been thinking about going that route.

Anonymous said...

Thank you all!

Protege: Thank YOU!!! I'm so delighted... :)

Brave Sir Robin: Well, my friend says her husband swears by it, that it cleared up his nasal passages in general. Also another friend of hers had chronic sinus infections that nothing could cure, including antibiotics, but the netipot did. It feels very odd at first, but you soon get used to it. It helped me out definitely.

LonleyBoy's said...

hey pls come n visit me at lonley08 pls comment!