Tuesday, February 3, 2009

In the Busyness... a Comfort Food /Sound Moment



Here is my favourite dessert, Nigella Lawson's Chocolate Cherry Trifle - last seen in my homely old glass bowl - and making its first appearance in the new trifle bowl.

The bowl has just been washed up, and the chicken is roasting, releasing its heavenly scents.

In the background, I'm listening to Galaxie Nature, one of CBC's digital stations on my tv. Now, the point of this particular channel is to fill your living room with the sounds of nature, so you can imagine how I pounced on that. Ocean sounds, rain, waterfalls, birds, the works. The only problem is, it often intersperses or incorporates "gentle instrumentals" which are usually really bad. I mute the channel at that point. But for the most time, it provides the most heavenly and deeply relaxing sounds... and I can imagine I'm in the forest or by a lake, or walking a trail, or laying by the ocean, always in nature and basically where I want to be right now. It's a good feeling.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fine, Make me drool! Geesh that looks good. I jump around from one digital tv/radio stations (up in the 700's) in the morning in order to find the best songs for exercising. I've seen other Galaxie stations, but I don't think I've noticed Galaxie Nature before. I'll have to look for that .. for cool down. ;)

Anonymous said...

Mmm, delicious!
How can you stick to your diet with food like this around? Please let me know what your secret is.;))
And I agree about the relaxing effect nature has on us.;)

Anonymous said...

Hmm? My comment never appeared?

The trifle looks divine!

Anonymous said...

Hilary: Galaxie Nature is at 749, also at 738 is Max Trax The Spa, which is the sort of music they play when you're having a massage, very conducive to stretching and relaxing. :)

Protege: Well, that's the issue... I haven't been sticking to my diet! D'oh! Anyway, I've climbed back on the wagon, no more naughtiness.

Brave Sir Robin: I see you now!

Anonymous said...

I would so love to make a trifle(never have) . I even a trifle dish. After seeing this Im just going to plow ahead and make one.

Anonymous said...

Coco: Knowing you, it'll be a marvel of creation!

Anonymous said...

Hm. like you, I don't have a very sweet tooth. But: I went to the previous post in the homely bowl and read more details and yum!!!! The sour cherry part had me hooked.

It will be made. Thanks for the tip - and the new pedestal is beautiful.

Anonymous said...

I hope you like it Marie, I think you probably will. :) Thanks for the visit!