Friday, August 21, 2009

Quote of the Day



General Lorenz Lowenhielm: I have been with you every day of my life. Tell me you know that.

Martina: Yes, I know it.

Lowenhielm: You must also know that I shall be with you every day that is granted to me from now on. Every evening I shall sit down to dine with you. Not with my body, which is of no importance, but with my soul. Because this evening I have learned, my dear, that in this beautiful world of ours, all things are possible.

Jarl Kulle as General Lorens Löwenhielm and Birgitte Federspiel as Martina in Babette's Feast (1987)

4 comments:

Tess Kincaid said...

I adore Babette's Feast. It speaks to me on so many levels.

Zuzana said...

You know, this is was a wonderful quote for me to read, as it helps me to cope with the distance I feel at all times to someone important to me...

phil said...


I liked that film alot, G.
Also, Big Night.

Any other great films about food?

G said...

Willow: I very much feel the same way.

Protege: It must be very hard, I hope the quote helps! :)

Phil: Yes indeed! I might have to blog about that. Any suggestions?