Sunday, September 20, 2009

Quote of the Day

“A handsome white round dish, quite flat, entirely covered with pale rose slices of Parma ham, cut so thin as to be almost transparent, with edgings of opaque silky white fat; in the centre a little pyramid of purple figs fresh from the tree, their honey-sweet flesh bursting here and there through their skins; a glass of fresh, cool white wine.”

Elizabeth David describes her idea of the perfect starter. (I was trying to write hors d'oeuvres but I can never remember how to spell those two words and I always have to look them up and they never look right to me anyway, the buggers.)

3 comments:

Blasé said...

Pics at the top..

..at least you left me some crumbs!

Peace and Love

Betsy Brock said...

That header is awesome! Now I'm hungry....

G said...

I've changed the header, but there'll be another food one before long, you can bet!