Thursday, February 4, 2010

Cake Time

I thought that title might attract attention.

Long time readers will know that once a year, my friend L and I tackle a big William Morris (or an associate)-inspired cake project. Here are a few from the past, with the inspiration on the top row, the finished cakes in the middle, and a detail of each cake on the bottom.




Here was 2008's.




Last year I took a break from blogging, so never got around to showing the cake we made. Here it is, a big slab of a book:




Today we pondered the next cake, due in about six weeks. We discussed how this cake never happens at a good time of year for either of us, but - as it happens - this year's timing looks good for me and I might be able to take some vacation the week of, and so I think we're in good shape to do something interesting. We're both very taken with 2008's tiled cake. We might do something similar but in very different colours.

Stay tuned, cake lovers.

7 comments:

Tess Kincaid said...

Wow, last year's cake was amazing! I'll be looking forward to following this years process. Fun stuff, BPG!

Zuzana said...

YIPIIII!!! I am totally excited! Those cake posts were some of my absolutely favorite posts of yours! And you know, just the other day I considered asking you whether you would ever do the cake project again.;) They are absolutely stunning pieces of art...Wow!
:))))
xo
Zuzana

Hilarywho said...

Wow. That's some impressive cake-decorating!

Betsy Brock said...

I always look forward to this...and missed it last year! Jaw-dropping and amazing..really! :)

G said...

You're all very kind. Hope you stay tuned! :)

Anonymous said...

OH. MY. GOODNESS!!!

Those are Bee-YOO-ti-ful. And what an amazing tribute to this man who gave us so much beauty.

Just lovely. And you must have great patience, as well as skill.

G said...

Hooray! Another William Morris fan! Thank you for the lovely compliments Josie Ray. :)