Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Song of the Day

The Nightingale
(Badalamenti / Lynch)

The nightingale
It said to me
There is a love
Meant for me
The nightingale
It flew to me
And told me
That it found my love.

He said one day
I’ll meet you
Our hearts will fly
With the nightingale.

The nightingale
He told me
One day
You will be with me.

The nightingale
Said he knew
That your love
Would find my love one day

My heart flies
With the nightingale
Through the night
All across the world.

I long to see you
To touch you
To love you
Forever more.


From the television series Twin Peaks, sung by Julee Cruise. One of my favourite songs... ever.

5 comments:

Audubon Ron said...

...and then you get married and live together and then it’s like you get separate suites b/c she snores, or he snore, one of them snores, and then she figures out a way to beat the paper trail and you wonder how in the world she buys all this junk and drags it home and where are we going to put it all and then he gets on the internet and starts blogging and you’re hoping he doesn’t plaster pictures of you all over the world and then you both learn to hate each other’s friends and one day find yourself completely friendless and then your brother-in-law moves in after a turbulent marriage and ruins your life, oh nightingale, I knew in-laws would find me one day, oh nightingale, and then…

Ann Marie said...

what pretty lyrics! i'm going to find this song and listen to it for sure. thanks for sharing!

G said...

Ron: Yeah, whatever, you don't fool me, I love your sweet tributes to your married life!

Ann Marie: The song is haunting, I hope you like it!

phil said...


Listening to that great TP cd transforms one into a dark eerie finger-snapping World doesn't it?
I love visiting that World every once in awhile, don't you?.

G said...

I do Phil. I expect I'll see you there next time.