Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I'm Sticking to it... but

What a long month this short February has been. Toronto hasn't even been particularly wintery, but nonetheless I'm sick of it and longing for the heat and sunshine of a steaming Ontario summer.

I'm sticking to my Lenten promise to give up chocolate... but I keep buying it nonetheless. It's a most pleasing process, as is the anticipation of this cherry/chili combination with a truffley centre. Oh my. No worries, it will still be there on Easter Sunday.




To chase away the grey days we're experiencing right now, I purchased some paperwhites and they're looking very sweet and demure, which is more than I can say for their scent, or their owner.

5 comments:

Betsy Brock said...

Ooh...that chili/cherry combination looks wonderful. That may have to appear in my Easter basket. :)

I'm not tired of winter yet...I'm still mesmerized by the snow...for how long, I'm not sure but I'm content for now.

Audubon Ron said...

Wow, you really gave up chocolate?

Zuzana said...

Ah, that sounds like a delicious combination in a chocolate.;)
I am with you on the longing for the summer...
xo
Zuzana

Anonymous said...

I'm another who is delighting in this winter. It is such a time of quiet and rest that I'll be reluctant to see it pass this year.

Lovely paperwhites photo. I planted ours a bit late this year, and they're not quite open yet. And we tried yellow for a change! Paperyellows. :-)

G said...

Betsy: You have a great attitude! Toronto finally got a few inches of snow and I've turned into a whiney git.

Ron: Yes, yes I did!

Protege: Try the chili Excellence Lindt, that's my *absolute* favourite!

Josie Ray: Oooh, I've not heard of those, I shall check them out at my local florist. Thanks for the visit, I'll be over to discover your blog. :)