Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Christmas Countdown

I've missed my little blog. And it feels good to have a quiet evening and an opportunity to start the process again.

I've been busy, but even when I've had a bit of free time, I've felt uninterested in blogging for some reason. But it seems the long nights and the desire to cocoon has resparked my interest.

And speaking of sparks, do you like my advent candle? I was so charmed by this tradition when I read it about it some time ago on the lovely Zuzana's blog, that I felt compelled to start my own. I told Zuzana about my interest a year ago, but I hadn't found my candle! It took a while, and then found it by mail order from the U.S.

I've had it nearly a year, and tonight I lit it.




What joy it will be to sit in contemplation each evening for just a short while, while my candle burns down to the next number of the month, all the way to December 24.



Thank you, Zuzana!

7 comments:

Betsy Brock said...

Welcome back! You've been missed!
I'm doing an Advent Calendar for the first time this year! It may become an annual tradition! Your candle is lovely!

Zuzana said...

So glad to see you back again.;))
And I am so glad you fell so in love with this Scandinavian tradition.;)) I am burning down day 2 as I write this and actually when I lit it yesterday for the first time I was so thinking of you.;))
I will make sure to send you one for next year.;))
Enjoy your beuatiful moments of tranquility.;))
And thank you so much for the mention.;))
xoxo

G said...

Betsy, I'm glad to be back. And I'll be over to catch up with you very soon. :)

Zuzana: Thank you so much for the sweet thoughts, and I'll be over to see YOU too! :)

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful advent candle! The glow of a candle is the perfect thing to help us pause and reflect for a few minutes each day during this special season.

Hilarywho said...

Love the candle - what a nice idea. How long does it take to burn down to the next number?

phil said...


Local Woman Found
Returns To Blogland


by Hugh Betcha
Canadian News

Today a long lost well-known tree-hugging
woman was found wandering in the park looking up at clouds. Friends and search parties scoured the countryside for weeks and weeks fearing the worse. A break in the case of the missing gourmet cook came last night when a call came into Precinct 12 from an unknown informant.
"It's true," stated Officer O'Malley, "the call came in at 1AM local time, and the only sound on the other end was a frantic purring of some unknown animal. But, by golly, it was enough information to find the wandering female subject."

G said...

Thank you all!

Phil, how did you know? :)