Sunday, December 12, 2010

Sunday at Home

Two weeks ago at the One-of-a-Kind Show, I bought a new pair of sheepskin slippers. Now, as a bit of a polar bear, I don't feel the cold easily. But wintering in Toronto sometimes brings the sorts of days and nights that are just brutally cold. And wearing my new red slippers is like walking on marshmallows - so heavenly! I breakfasted in my pyjamas before the tree.




The big mug.




Night time twinkles... I can't get enough of my table top tree. It's five foot tall. My parents found one for their home (available at Metro, for you Toronto types) that's only two foot tall and already set in a holder - so cute! Apparently as my dad was carrying it home, people were stopping them to admire it, and - yes - even pet it. Small things have that effect. Of course I'll get pictures of it sometime soon.

4 comments:

R.A.D. Stainforth said...

Is that a real tree? Mine isn't. What the hell ... I'll drag it out of the cupboard and hang some shit on it, then it'll really feel like Christmas. I might even put my little plastic Santa Claus on top of the television. Fuck, I can't, the TV's too thin!

Those slippers are way cool.

Betsy Brock said...

breakfast beside the tree while wearing jammies...just lovely! Those slippers look very cozy, too!

Betsy Brock said...

I'm sauteing garlic in butter at the moment and thought of you! :)

G said...

Dr. S: Truly, I laughed out loud when I read this...

Betsy: I miss Christmas!