Monday, December 6, 2010

Shortbread Help Needed

My favourite catalogue has to be Lee Valley Tools. Their enthusiastic descriptions are wonderful bathtime reading. For a few years now I've coveted this, the snowflake shortbread pan. So, on a little Christmas shopping trip, I treated myself:




I tried the recipe included with the pan, even though butter wasn't the main ingredient (flour was). Here is the dough pressed into the pan and pricked all over with a fork:




It was easily turned out after cooling in the pan for 10 minutes, and cut into nine pieces:



Nom nom! Aren't the patterns cute?




But here's my dilemma. I don't like the recipe much. So can anyone provide me with a great shortbread recipe, with butter as the number one ingredient?

Yours hopefully,

BPG

3 comments:

Zuzana said...

Love your new header.;) And I like the patterned shortbread as well, but unfortunately my culinary skills are non existent, so no recipe here.;))
xoxo

Georgie said...

Fab pics you tree-hugger!! When I saw the shortbread - OMG - my mouth just started watering LOL.

G said...

Z: no worries... :)

Georgie: Thanks P!