Thursday, April 7, 2011

Spring Evening

I think I can bravely say that Spring is here at last. These evening, during some dolce far niente, listening to Debussy, it suddenly occurred to me that the kids were out playing on the basketball court again. I haven't heard those adolescent cries since last year, and it's a wonderful, urban sound. The combination of Debussy, a small pot of daffodils on the cofffee table, and those sounds from the street made me feel very good indeed. So I thought it time for the blog to lighten up, literally. And it has - what a girly, springy blog it looks!

5 comments:

Tess Kincaid said...

Fabulous new springy look! I like.

Betsy Brock said...

I had one of those moments today, too! I got into my car and it was warm inside from sitting in the sun. So warm I needed to crack a window for a few minutes instead of turning on the heat!

Hilarywho said...

Your blog looks wonderful! We had a little teasing taste of spring here, but then it disapeared. Today is grey and rainy - again. I'm hungry for sunshine.

Anonymous said...

The sun is out, and I am dressed like Tony Curtis pretending to be Cary Grant ... blazer, cravat, cigarette holder, a dry martini ... nobody's perfect ... and making love to Marilyn Monroe was like kissing Hitler ...and spring ... and daffodils ... and shit ... but seriously, I like some of Tony Curtis's paintings ...

G said...

Thank you all. :)