Thursday, May 3, 2012

Life will Find a Way

"No, I'm, I'm simply saying that life, uh... finds a way."

"If there is one thing the history of evolution has taught us it's that life will not be contained. Life breaks free, expands to new territories, and crashes through barriers, painfully, maybe even dangerously, but, ah, well, there it is."

 
Jeff Goldblum as Ian Malcolm in Jurassic Park (1993). I loved Ian Malcolm and his Chaos Theory, his slightly nerdy ways and undeniable hotness.

Walking the Martin Goodman Trail today, I wondered what was pushing up this relatively fresh asphalt. Life finds a way. Thank you, Alan Weisman.


















But back to Ian Malcom for a minute. Remember when he was injured and all bare chested? That's some chaos I could appreciate.

As for me, it's been a melancholy spring, as I see the blossoms come limping slowly in, battered as they have been by the wretchedly schizophrenic weather. The trees and I will give it our best shot. Life will find a way.

4 comments:

will said...

Someone cheated on the thickness of the asphalt. And wasn't Goldblum the insect headed mad scientist in "The Fly"?

G said...

I never thought of that... the thickness of the asphalt, I mean. As for The Fly, yes, that was him. I didn't enjoy that movie.

The Clever Pup said...

I was so preoccupied with Jeff's hottitude that I forgot my mantra.

G said...

What mantra is that, Hazel?