Friday, November 16, 2012

Like Liver?

How about liver... with bacon? Mmmm... bacon. (Insert Homer Simpson drooling noise here).

I like liver in many forms, but - inspired by how I've had it in restaurants recently - I tried this technique and it's one of the best things I've ever tasted. The onions and bacon softened and cooked together, then were pushed aside in the pan to let the liver just cook through. So tasty and warming.

And I'm still in a soup mood, making the broccoli, ginger and lemongrass soup copied from The Sandwich Box. Yum. One of the benefits of cold weather is the warming food it inspires.





2 comments:

will said...

Liver. No.
Kidneys, Tongue. Brains. Also no.

G said...

More for me! Heh heh. OK, I've never had brains, but I make a great steak and kidney pudding. Also had tongue years ago. Didn't mind it.