Sunday, May 26, 2013

Downton Abbeython, part two

A recent convert to Downtonmania, last night was our second in the Downton Catchupathon. My friends and I watched the first EIGHT episodes of season two (all we have left of that season is the two-hour Christmas special). We started at 4 p.m., and  - with breaks to catch up with each other and take bathroom breaks - were done by nearly 2 a.m. We just... couldn't... stop... watching.

There were moments we had to replay, gasping with laughter or delight. Parts were so moving. I think I might have to own this on DVD. I have done a complete 180 degree turn from my scornful disinterest in the series. It is the most sublime soap opera.

Next Saturday... we finish season two and get through a chunk of season three. 

John Bates? I STILL LOVE YOU.

No comments: