Sunday, March 4, 2007

Scones: an official food group

To do my power walk on such a chilly day in Toronto, I really needed a carrot on a stick, except... they aren't carrots, and they're in a basket cooling off - the warm baking smell is driving me mad - mad I tell you! Mwah-ha-ha-ha-haaaaa. And no, I'm not eating them all. They freeze well.... yeah... that's the ticket. By the way, I first made these from a baking course I did at George Brown College. The teacher, Pat, was one of the best teachers I've ever had anywhere. She's a professional baker, gets up at some crazy hour, like 3 a.m. By the time our class started at 6 p.m. she was still full of delightul energy and just a joy to learn from.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Scones! Reminds me of The Prime of Miss Jean Brodie. Remember...

"Butter the scones, Sandy dear, and be generous"

Toodles,
Ra Ra