Thursday, June 14, 2007

Mmmmmmm... Pork Chops

Tonight I rubbed two small pork chops with olive oil and some crushed anise seed, salt and peper. Quickly browned them both sides, added some red wine and let them cook. Then I took them out, let them rest, and added a little bit of cream to the sauce. I made a romaine/fennel salad and then served up the pork chops with the sauce drizzled over. I poured myself a glass of the wine and sat down to enjoy my dinner.

And I did! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The porkchops recipe sounds delicious. A cooking tip, is never add salt whilst meat is cooking. Contributes to dry-ness.
Salt to be added once the dish is done (while still in the pot, of course).

Anonymous said...

Well, I've heard that before, but I reckon that for the most part, if the meat is cooked right, it should be fine. And I love the taste the salt imparts during the cooking. I've done it both ways. All I know is - I love a good piece of meat.