Monday, August 2, 2010

Peaches and Pork

The small Ontario peaches are here at last and perfectly ripe. I'm eating a lot of them, as you can imagine. Summer fruit once more has me in its thrall! Today I cooked some of the farmers' sausage I bought in Norwood, which is a village about half an hour drive from the cottage we were staying at. Delicious grilled in a salad with one of these sweet peaches, thinly sliced. I still have a packet of wild leek sausages and sage-and-apple flavoured ones. I shall report as they are cooked and consumed. Heh heh.



3 comments:

Hilarywho said...

I would never think to have peaches with my pork! I'll have to try that sometime.

Betsy Brock said...

yum...what an interesting combination. The Mister loves fruit and meat together...pork is perfect for that, too! Mmmmm...

G said...

I think the Argentinians are good at that too - meat and fruit together. Yum.