Thursday, June 30, 2011

Ahhhhhhhhhhhh...

Today is my last day at work before my vacation, and I'll be away for over a month. Not since I was a teenager have I had so much vacation at once. I didn't take much during the year, so this feels good and necessary. And with my office tidied and caught up, I'm ready.

The topic of work is one that keeps me and my friends talking for hours. A recent retiree told me that the most startling change he had recognized in himself since stopping was the revelation that he no longer spent the majority of his waking hours trying to please someone. It doesn't matter really how much autonomy you have in your work, at the root of it there is some need to please someone.

I'm lucky to have a job that has kept me stimulated and intrigued for quite a few years.

See you in 33 days, little office.




4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have a fun and happy vacation: )

Dawn Marie said...

Have a marvelous time my friend. Enjoy this well deserved time away!

xo

phil said...


Have a great vacation. :)

And may it be vertigo-free.

G said...

Thanks all!

Phil: Not yet, but I'm working on it with new doctor, new referrals, etc. Sigh... one day, my friend, one day...!