Thursday, June 2, 2011

What I did this Spring, Part One

Years ago, on an excellent architectural walking tour of Manhattan, we were exhorted by the guide to look up! look up! And so I did, and I do, and I try not to fall over.

Recently I took a vacation day from work during the week and had one of my deliciously indulgent shopping days, the result of weeks or - sometimes - months of simmering ideas and planning. On this one day I remembered to look up and got a few shots of the business district of our delightful city.















Soon enough it was time to pause in the shopping day, and we did so at Mercatto, refortifying ourselves with Prosecco...




... wonderful arancini (small rice balls stuffed with mozzarella and fried)...




... small gnocchi, like little clouds of pasta heaven...

No comments: