Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Curve in the Road

I can feel myself dragging my heels as the longest day rapidly - too rapidly - looms. I don't want this beautiful time of year to end. The winter was so achingly long, the spring short and rough, and now we have these soft, warm days that I wish could go on forever.

Each night, the sun takes an age to set, and leaves magical light on my walls.






But I'm yearning for trees. I feel the call of the curve in the road. I don't know what it means... yet.




The closest I've been to a tree all week was this big portabello.




Sigh.

2 comments:

Zuzana said...

I am with you on this one. Late May and June is my absolute favorite time of the year. The light, the soft glow of the evening sun and the white nights. It is enchanting and soothing.
I hope you will soon get to walk among trees.)
Thank you so much for your very kind words on my yesterday post dear G.;))
xoxo

G said...

Thank you, dear Zuzana!