Wednesday, June 8, 2011

What I did this Spring, Part Four

The dinner group met again, and again at the home of the gentleman with the step-down living-room. Good conversation, sparkling Prosecco, and a prosciutto-inspired menu...




I didn't know that such a thing as a polenta board existed. Made of wood by my host's father, it absorbs the excess moisture from fresh, hot polenta, resulting in a wonderful consistency.




Here the prosciutto enveloped little quails.




For dessert I made my new favouite concoction (inspired by Martha Stewart): layered home-made meringue (so much tastier than store-bought), crême-fraiche folded with home-made lemon curd, fresh blackberries, whipped cream, and finished with a piped meringue stalk.

4 comments:

paul said...

wow - the food in this post is absolutely amazing

G said...

Thanks Paul!

Dawn Marie said...

Ahhh, the memories! What a wonderful night. Time to do it again!

G said...

DM: Indeed!