Friday, November 4, 2011

When a Tree Hugger Shops

I was away at the lake for a long weekend a few weeks ago. And to our delight there was a studio tour in progress, the Apsley Fall Studio Tour. And... I shopped.

A mug from Tallan Creek Pottery Studio:




And, from the same talented lady, Cathy Pennaertz, a little mushroomy pot:




Anna Stackaruk, of One Heart Fine Jewellery, made this leaf, in 99.9% pure silver, using a bergamot (bee balm) leaf from her garden as a mold. I love it and wear it often.

4 comments:

Betsy Brock said...

Oooh...love them all! What fun little gifts for yourself!

Anonymous said...

I love the mug ... it's great to know you're back ... I love your photographs ...

Anonymous said...

You found some very cool items. I love the mug with the big branch handle. It's so rustic and would it would be comforting to drink a nice hot cup of tea from it.
And I really like the leaf necklace. I have a charm bracelet with a similar looking leaf dangling from it. I love the symbolism of leaves. They only live for less than a year and bring such a variety of color and beauty to the world.

G said...

Betsy: I did spoil myself. It felt good!

RAD: Thank you so much! It's good to have had the time to blog again.

Lady Cat: I've never thought that way about leaves before, just living one year. And just before they drop their most spectacular. I like that. :)