Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Let's Hibernate

It was a night to breathe a sigh of relief, as a glut of work didn't end, but some of it certainly reached a moment of completion. I had immersed myself all afternoon in work, Zemlinsky and rushing thoughts and ideas for my own writing, ideas that I fear will never get put to paper. Overwhelmed by this and other intense stimualations, I trudged home through a beautiful winter's night, relieved that the bitter temperature had warmed up a bit. I retreated to my kitchen. This wasn't a night for an hour-long preparation. I needed good food, fast. So, with garlic and ginger and sesame oil, rice vinegar... what else? Soy sauce, shrimp, frozen beans (hate them normally)... anything else - I can't remember - I whipped up a comforting bowl of warmth and taste.

Let's hibernate. I'll bring the chocolate and the scotch.




No comments: