Sunday, November 30, 2008

Christmas Windows at the Bay

The Bay is not just Canada's olded corporation, this flagship department store in downtown Toronto also features snazzy Christmas windows that find me walking by them at least once a season.

First off, along Yonge Street, was a rather odd but very glamorous fairy/jewels display. I didn't quite get it, but then I was a little thrown by the use of mannequins (as grumpy looking as the models they are based on) as the ethereal fairies. Nonetheless, the displays were colourful to this human magpie.











3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ack I missed these. I thought the only windows with CHristmas display were alone Queen. Must go along Yonge soon and have a gander at these....

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful, I love the book, it is indeed a very magical display; makes me wish I was a kid again.:)

Anonymous said...

Lavinia: It's sparkalicious!

Protege: Sigh, yes, I love things like this. I was a not-so-tiny Tim, gazing in at them. :)