Sunday, November 2, 2008

Just Now...

Just now I'm doing some work, but in the background the television is on and TFO is showing Bergman's Magic Flute (1975) otherwise known as Trollflöjten (in the Swedish). Most of the film was shot in the Drottningsholms Palace Theatre in Sweden, which seats 400 and is still actively producing opera. The film made a star of Håkan Hagegård, although I'm sure he would have made it big in any case. The colour seems very washed out. I'm wondering if it's been remastered?

[sounds of BPG doing a search]

Uh oh... I just found out that Criterion has it in their catalogue, featuring "lush colour transfer". Sigh... Criterion is one of my weaknesses, but... hey! $23.96! This is way cheaper than some of their other sets. Mmmmmm, I know what I'm treating myself with this week.

Okay, I'm going back to my work now. Hee hee!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anything with that Criterion label is always lush. Go for it!

Anonymous said...

Willow: Heh heh - okay!