Monday, March 1, 2010

You are all Mine...



... little scallop. You and all your delicious little siblings. This was dinner tonight, quickly cooked up with toasted sesame seeds, a dash of sesame oil, a wee touch of soy sauce and a big squeeze of lemon. This was all served on a big salad.

It seems to me, the older I get, the more the passing of the seasons, and the months in particular, are marked by my rotating obsessions with fruit. Right now, it's the mineola orange, which is a cross between a tangerine and a grapefruit. I get the tangerine part: the loose rind, the wonderful sweetness; but I'm not getting the grapefruit vibe from this fruit. However there is a depth to the flavour that is wonderful. I've just had two and am eyeing the last two in the fruit bowl. But I shall save them for tomorrow. Just saves lugging more of them home.

5 comments:

Zuzana said...

Seeing this picture, my breakfast suddenly simply is not enough.
I love scallops.
But I sure should eat more fruit.;)
xo
Zuzana

Betsy Brock said...

I'm going to look for those mineolas! Yum!

Your scallops look divine! :)

Ann Marie said...

i've never had a mineola orange...it sounds wonderful.

Angie Muresan said...

That looks divine. Popping by from Pamela's blog, and I'm so happy I did. Yours is so very lovely.

G said...

Thank you all for your comments. Angie, I'll be over to visit your blog too!