Friday, March 11, 2011

A BPG Recommendation!



Every year at the Christmas time One of a Kind Show here in Toronto I stock up on the amazing Coach House Shortbread. Hand-made by the multi-talented Carl Stryg (I believe he has been a ballet dancer and opera singer at different points in his career), they sport butter as the first ingredient, and an array of wonderful flavours besides.

A couple of nights ago I was hosting a meeting at home and cracked open the last packet... dark chocolate and fleur de sel. Not only are they meltingly delicious, but all of Coach House's packaging is exquisite, making them the perfect gift. They make savoury flavours too... let me recommend the stilton-and-rosemary shortbread, but make sure you buy two packets. Your guests will embarrass themselves by how greedily they scoff them down. I'm not attending the spring edition of One of a Kind, but Coach House Shortbread will be there. Try them, you won't regret it. As for me, I've only sampled about three of their flavours. There are quite a few more to try.

5 comments:

Betsy Brock said...

I love shortbread. :) That package is gorgeous, too!

The Mister loves chocolate paired with salt! I'm sure that would be his flavor choice!

Zuzana said...

I would love me some of those cookies. And the chocolate sound delicious too.;)
Have a lovely weekend dear G.;))
xoxo

G said...

Nom nom... they're all gone. :(

Carl Stryg said...

Hi there,
I just stumbled your blog, and Love It! I also deeply appreciate the kind words about my cookies. You are very generous with your praise.

Thank you so much!
Carl Stryg.

G said...

Carl, I'm so thrilled you've visited my blog! I read this post again today as it was trending highly.