Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Guild Inn, Part One

The disused Guild Inn in Scarborough (a suburb of Toronto) is home to a sort of outdoor museum, where remnants of late 19th- and early 20th-century buildings from Toronto, torn down to make way for new towers, have found a home for the pleasure of amateur and professional photographers. Or anyone who enjoys a serene walk.

I recently visited with the camera club I'm part of. I took a LOT of pictures and see this first outting as a sort of reconnaissance mission for a future visit, hopefully when there are fewer mosquitoes. Fall would be amazing.

I'll post a selection of photographs over several posts. To start with, this relief sculpture just got more interesting the closer I got. I love how the last image has this strong diagonal line from the top edge to the bottom edge of the image.








No comments: