Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Keeping Cool... Real Cool




"Miss Moneypenny's warm lips pursed into a disapproving line. 'About the hands - that's not what I've heard.'

'Now don't you start on me, Penny.' Bond walked angrily towards the door. He turned around. 'Any more ticking-off from you and when I get out of this place I'll give you such a spanking you'll have to do your typing off a block of Dunlopillo.'

Miss Moneypenny smiled sweetly at him. 'I don't think you'll be able to do much spanking after living on nuts and lemon juice for two weeks, James.'

Bond made a noise between a grunt and a snarl and stormed out of the room."


From Thunderball, by Ian Fleming. I've been eating nuts and drinking lemon juice in my water because that's what I do. I've also been drinking Guinness out of my last remaining 007 issue glass. That and reading Fleming and Vonnegut. Life is good... and cool.

No comments: