Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Up Yours, Voldy

"You'll stay with me?"

"Until the very end," said James.

"They won't be able to see you?" asked Harry.

"We are part of you," said Sirius. "Invisible to anyone else."


Harry looked at his mother.

"Stay close to me," he said quietly.



I just finished re-reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, the last in the book series, in preparation for the film that covers the second part of that story... the last in the film series. The book ends with a reiteration of the gently spiritual aspect that has run through all the stories. Love conquers all.

"And his knowledge remained woefully incomplete, Harry! That which Voldemort doesn't value, he takes no trouble to comprehend. Of house-elves and children's tales, of love, loyalty and innocence, Voldemort knows and understands nothing. Nothing. ghat they all have a power beyond his own, a power beyond tehreach of any magic, is a truth he has never grasped."


I won't be anywhere near a cinema when the film opens on July 15, but I'll see the film as soom as I return to the big city.

2 comments:

heckle said...

I've read none of the books and haven't watched the movies ... so it is with some blog sadness I cannot comment on this post!

G said...

Heckle, there's lots of fun to be read and watched. :) Thanks for the comment.