Saturday, July 2, 2011

Getting There

High up on my list of things to do this vacation is the dismantling of my guest bedroom and turning it into a creative studio. The other part of this is turning my smaller former office space into a dedicated reading area. All the moving of heavy furniture is now over (ow, my neck!): in the former guest bedroom, the bed is gone, my heavy wooden desk is moved in as is the big filing cabinet, and all the shelves are moved around. Now is the phase I love best: the organizing of those things I plan to keep and the discarding of all the items that are just clutter.

I'm surrounded by stacked, framed photos; two Persian rugs, baskets of fabric, a bag of wool, notebooks of writing, much-loved teddy bears, books, the trusty Singer sewing machine, and more.

Of course, there will be pictures when it's all over.