Sunday, August 7, 2011

Cottage: Round Up

It was a beautiful 10 days.

We had one incredible storm in the middle of the night. We all got up to gaze, slack-jawed, at the fury of nature. That left us without power or water for a day, but it made getting them back all the sweeter!

We swam, ate, read, and - like last year - wrote a tandem tale. One of us started it, and so it went around the group several times until the last evening when we wrapped it up. In short, a young woman working in a munitions factory in Montreal during WWII, defeats Hitler and saves the world with the help of a Mexican dwarf and a kayak full of chipmunks.

The sunsets were still amazing.




This BPG left her heart in the Kawarthas.

4 comments:

Betsy Brock said...

Oh, that sounds like a wonderful time. No vacation for me this summer! I'm feeling it, too! ugh. Don't you love pink sunsets on the water? So glorious!

Anonymous said...

I've enjoyed your last few posts so much ... words fail me ... I wish I were a chipmunk ...

Zuzana said...

Hello dear G, I am back online again.;)
Beautiful summer sunset and I bet that at times a summer storm can bring us even closer to the wonderful wonders of nature.
And closer together as well.;))
Hope you have been well,
xoxo

G said...

Betsy, I hope you get a vacation soon.

Mr. S: Truly? :)

Zuzana: Thank you!