Tuesday, August 16, 2011

It Rained

Not just drops, but great globules of rain fell yesterday evening and I was caught in it. I stood under a tree for a while (thanks trees!), until it became obvious that even that fine specimen wasn't going to hold off this monsoon-like waterfall. Nearly home, I continued my way, ankle deep at times, then paused again under another tree, laughing with delight. I was soaked. Not damp, but soaked as if I'd got into my own shower at home fully clothed and stood under the spray for about five minutes. It was delightful. It reminded me of a similar incident from my 20s. Warm summer rain, taking off our shoes, and laughing with delight.

I came home, showered (for some reason) and poured a scotch.

Lucky girl.

2 comments:

Zuzana said...

Loved this post.
I too enjoy the feel of a summer rain, that one that comes like a burst from the sky, as if someone would just poor buckets full of water upon the world.
It is those beautiful moments that come from nowhere and stay with us forever.
I can so imagine how good that scotch tasted.;))
xooxo

G said...

Danged good!