Sunday, August 21, 2011

It Will Rain on my Soul, All Night, All Day

... well I'm sort of hoping it'll stop enough for me to get home dry this time.

It's been a Neruda kind of day. I came in to work as it was destined to rain and I had much to do to catch up and get ahead.

I'm always amazed at how much I can do on a weekend day at work. I achieve more in two hours than I do a normal day, with no interruptions, no segues. So, as much as I refuse to make a habit of it, at times it's very effective.

The rain did start. And I enjoyed the strange pearly light coming in my two office windows, a pearly glow that got progressively darker, until it begain to feel a little apocalyptic. At its heaviest the rain has been magnificent.

I warmed myself with my stash of peppermint tea, some Godiva dark chocolate pearls, and this beautiful scene from Truly, Madly, Deeply (1990 - has it already been 21 years?!)

//Update: The sky cleared, the barometric pressure dropped... all is cool and fresh now - heaven.

2 comments:

Zuzana said...

Beautiful and atmosphericwriting, I felt like I was right there with you...
I do not work weekends, but used to. Now I live almost 100 miles away from my work.;)
But I recognize the stillness and the effectivity.
Have a lovely week dear G,
xoxo

G said...

That's a long commute, you have, but it sounds worth it, from what I've read on your blog of late, dear Z!