Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Cottage: Food

You knew there would be some food pics, right? I was with three extremely good cooks, so we ate very, very well over the 10 days.

This locally made seed bread was so delicious. I bought it from a lady in the small Apsley market, and I can only assume she made it at home. I'm still thinking about it and wishing I could get some more. It had a strong sour-dough taste and was moist and had that "fight back" quality I like. If the lady from Apsley, or one of her friends, reads this, please let me know!




I rarely have bacon at home, and whenever I catch the scent of it, I'm instantly reminded of cottage life.




Pork chops, like before, marinaded in anise and olive oil.




The same limoncello tiramisu, as enjoyed a short time ago in the city. My photograph doesn't do it justice.




We gorged on local tomatoes. So... many... tomatoes. Here we had them with pasta in a mushroom sauce.




Brie, spiked and drizzled with Chardonnay and fresh thyme. Baked and enjoyed with baguette. Yum.




Fresh and local and tender.




Perfect cooling-off, after-swim treat.




One night it was Indian food. My mouth is watering as I type this.




Brilliant idea, M, to put gorgonzola in with the burgers!




My favourite.




We certainly spoiled ourselves.




And of course we drank.






Bruce tended the bar, as usual.




Pimms!

No comments: