Friday, December 23, 2011

Mmmmmmmmmm...

I just spent an hour laying on the sofa, with the lights out, gazing at the tree. After such a busy time at work, it is so good to know that it will be 10 days before I return. Well, I go in Tuesday for a short while, but we'll pretend that's not happening.

Today I tackled the last of the food shopping for Christmas dinner, but came back with decidedly more than what was on my list (bras!). Tonight, after making the cranberry sauce (new recipe including maple syrup and black pepper) and Jamie Oliver's make-ahead gravy, I just slumped in place and had an intense loll. Tomorrow, after a friends-and-family lunch out, I will make soup and clean my home. It needs it.

Off to bed. Happy Christmas Eve Eve!

9 comments:

will said...

Merry Christmas G.

Bill

Zuzana said...

Dear G, Merry Christmas to you and yours, it sounds as you are in the perfect Christmas spirit, may you have en enchanting time.;)
xoxo

Anonymous said...

Your cranberry sauce sounds so delicious.
And its always fun to get new bras : )
Have a joyous Christmas!

Betsy Brock said...

Merry Christmas, dear G. Sounds lovely...I still need to flop and enjoy the tree! Hope your holiday weekend is a wonderful one!

Anonymous said...

So enjoyed your recent posts ... take care ... and remember most of life's problems can be solved with more cake ... have a good one ... from the Reverend R.A.D. Stainforth ...

phil said...



Merry Christmas, G.
Have a Day of Pure Joy.

~p

G said...

Thank you so much for dropping by, all you blogger friends! As for cake, Rev. S., I didn't make my Christmas cake this year. Eek!

Anonymous said...

"You can never have too many bras or too much cake." (Truman Capote)

You usually start making your Christmas cake round about April ...

G said...

He never said that, surely? Well, my cake is designed to be made within the month of eating... so I have, what, nearly 10 months to go? :)