Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Vertigo

I'm not going to go into my personal story in detail at this time. It's a long one, many years now, but still a very hard one to relate.

But I do want to say this, as it's important and valuable, and I wish to God I'd heard it myself before my last visit to a chiropractor:

Never, ever let a chiropractor perform a neck or head adjustment on you, or anyone within earshot of you.

You could save a life.

I was lucky I didn't die then and there. Although there are days I wonder if I was unlucky. The effects linger horribly.

Please spread the word.

6 comments:

The Clever Pup said...

I've heard of this happening. Sounds like you were lucky - if they're were no lasting effects. I used to let my brother do this to me. NO MORE.

G said...

I've updated the post to clarify that there are lasting effects. I'm glad you're keeping safe, Clever Pup. :)

Zuzana said...

Oh, that sounds very painful.:( I never let anyone mess with me and do not trust chiropractors anyway.;)
xoxo

G said...

Zuzana, I'm happy to hear it. My first chiropractor was a very good healer, but I think he was just naturally gifted on some level. Then, I fell into the wrong hands. Stay safe, my friend.

phil said...


The neck certainly is a lifeline, and quite delicate.
I recall a painter a few years ago dying, and it was determined damage was caused from a constant tilting and neck strain of looking up while painting the ceiling.

G said...

Phil: I think I know that story. :)